Wednesday, February 17, 2010

#1 Heartbreak In Being a GURU

I'm dead serious about the word "heartbreak." I LOVE what I do but there is a dark side.

The dark side is:

I can tell people *what* to do and show them exactly *how* to do it, but if their sense of self-worth or their belief system gets in the way, they will *always* find a way to screw it up.

Always.

They procrastinate.
They skip one vital step.
The money comes in the front door and immediately exits through the back door.
They sleep through a golden opportunity.
Or somehow or another they simply cannot get themselves to DO it.

This is heartbreaking. Because the truth is, in just 9-18 months I can provide you with a functional set of marketing skills that put you in the top 10% of all marketers.

But if your mind and emotions aren't ready to succeed, you'll still hold yourself back.

And this is compounded even more by another heartbreaking problem:

Some people have ZERO resistance to success. None whatsoever. They have granted themselves permission to succeed *regardless* of what it does to other people. They will say anything, do anything, execute anyone or destroy anything necessary to become King Of The Hill.

There's a word for these people:

"Psychopath."

Psychopaths are people whose car has an
accelerator but no brakes.

Unfortunately, there is a percentage of successful people who are literally psycho. They give us normal people even more reason to hesitate.

We normal people think: "What if I succeed and then become a psychopath? I think I'd rather stay broke than be like HIM!!!"

Even though I don't talk about belief systems a huge amount, I think they're hugely important.

For this reason I'd like to direct you to highlights of a 2-hour interview Jack Born and Bryan Todd did with PJ Eby. PJ is a mindhacker extraordinaire and I love his "engineering way" of slicing through mental cobwebs:

CLICK HERE NOW!

As quoted by Perry Marshall